We have an opening for a Process Engineer to work in the Pasadena, TX area.
Our client is one of the largest oil field service companies with operations in more than 70 countries. It's major business segment is the Energy Services Group offering a broad array of producs and services to upstream oil and gas customers worldwide through multiple product service lines.
- Under general supervision, the Process Engineer II will perform assignments requiring knowledge and application of complex engineering principles.
- This position is responsible for the performance of the operations and achieving targeted metrics for the area they have been assigned.
- This includes understanding chemical processes and predicting what happens in those processes.
- They are typically responsible for managing large process area or multiple process areas in a plant.
- Evaluates results compared to goals and performance targets. Leads the day-to-day surveillance of operations, running Engineering Applications and conducting performance analysis, and initiating continuous improvement activities.
- Leads risk assessments, customer technical meetings, and assists management in medium and long term planning.
- Is able to anticipate operational changes and needs and responds accordingly.
Initiates Approval for Expenditure (AFE) that achieve the organizational and department goals and leads studies to solve recurring problems and improve operational efficiency.
- Prepares reports and participates in the knowledge management processes.
- A Bachelors in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is required and 5 or more years of engineering experience.
- Experience with Process Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment Reviews.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of office productivity software, including spreadsheets and word processing.
- Experience with standard operating procedures.