We have an opening for an Environmental Safety Specialist to work in the Williston, ND area.
Our Client is an American energy company operating principally in the U.S. and Canada, that specializes in the drilling and production of unconventional oil and natural gas assets. Our client has a reputation for efficient resource development, environmental stewardship and community involvement, with a drive to meet the growing challenges of the domestic natural gas industry.
The Environmental Specialist is primarily responsible for following the development of environmental issues and concerns at the local, State and Federal levels, allowing the selected candidate and their department to be at the frontline for responding to all concerns relevant to our client's oil and gas operations.
The Environmental Specialist is also responsible for:
- Gathering data, studying and developing an analysis of opportunities which arise from environmental issues; communicating these finding to management
- Preparing operational permit applications, plans and environmental analysis for small and large projects
- Identifying environmental risks, issues and mitigation strategies and communicating all findings within EHS and internal business partners
- Tracking and complying with numerous permit stipulations; keeping all appropriate employees apprised of compliance status
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Studies or related field preferred
- 2-5 years of progressive experience in Environmental and/or EHS support, with prior work on Reclamation, Regulatory, Emergency Response, Incident Investigations/Reporting, Air Quality, Remediation, Spill Water
- Working knowledge of local, State (ND) and Federal environmental regulations and reporting requirements
- Proficency in Information Management and Microsoft Office software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.)