We have an opening for a Structural Engineer to work in the Houston, TX area.
Our client’s portfolio of specialty chemicals, advanced materials and plastics delivers a broad range of technology- based products and solutions to high- growth sectors, including energy, water, coatings, electronics, oil and gas.
- Perform civil engineering calculations as required to support industrial building design on projects. Complete site investigations as needed to support civil engineering duties. Work with civil/building designers to ensure deliverables are in compliance with calculations. Meet budget and schedule requirements as established by project leadership.
- Ability to effectively work with a wide variety of people including other disciplines and other cultures
- Strong technical knowledge of building codes.
- Capable of effectively managing and completing multiple projects within a designated time frame this is a requirement
- Proficient in Microstation, Word and Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience as a structural engineer; experience utilizing engineering software is required.
- Must have either industrial building OR commercial building experience
- Proficient in at least one structural design software STAAD Pro preferred
- Knowledge or experience in using 3D modeling software a plus
- Knowledge or experience in using drafting software a plus Microstation preferred
- Experience in using Microsoft Office tools Word and Excel required