We have an opening for a Piping Designer to work in the Houston, TX area.
Our client’s portfolio of specialty chemicals, advanced materials and plastics delivers a broad range of technology- based products and solutions to high- growth sectors, including energy, water, coatings, electronics, oil and gas.
- 10 years minimum experience in a piping design.
- Previous design checking experience is required.
- SP3D experience is required
- SPR (Smart Plant Review) experience is required.
- Prior SP3D design training is required.
- LFM scanning software experience required.
- Must have strong MS Office skills
- Must demonstrate an ever present consciousness of safety in all personal and daily work activities.
- Must maintain good work habits, be self-disciplined, use time efficiently, manage own assigned work, and able to assess and communicate the physical progress of the work assignment.
- Must be responsive to meeting unforeseen internal and external change which impact project schedule requirements.
- Must be a supportive and engaged team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to recognize and communicate lack of information required to complete the design work.
- Must be able to interface with project team members to clarify scope of work.
- Must be able to understand the limits and boundaries of the scope of work when starting a task and recognizing and reporting change to the original scope of work when it occurs.