We have an opening for an experience Polymer Chemist to work in the Houston, TX area.
Our client is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry. Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our client’s family of companies provides the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.
- R&D of new elastomer technologies
- Create engineering reports documenting design efforts, results, and validation
- Work with operations to identify product or process improvements
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned
- Comply with all Company and HSE policies and procedures
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Specific product group might require special skills not listed here.
- Design and/or implement elastomer for sealing devices
- Operate lab equipment as needed (mixer, tensiometer, DSC, MDR, RPA, etc.)
- Formulate elastomer compounds for various products to meet customer and internal requirements within budget and schedule constraints
- Create/Revise bills of materials, process control sheets and other documents for sealing devices
- Perform validation and verification of designs and elastomer formulations in accordance with established industry standards and engineering best practices
- Prepare chemical analysis, compatibility studies, and other testing of nonmetallic seals
- Analyze design reliability, serviceability, and manufacturability of sealing devices
- Provide support to other departments such as Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Customer Service, Project Engineering, and Project Management
- Collaborate with drafters/designers on design tasks. Function as lead on tasks of high complexity
- Cooperate with other engineers on detailed design work
- Perform engineering duties at customer sites, or offshore when required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10 + years of experience preferred.