We have an opening for an Field Service Technician to work in the Williston, ND area.
Our Client is a leader in integrated rental solutions and services in the global oil and gas drilling industry. They focus on serving their customers throughout the life cycle of the well through its support and service equipment used during the production, completion and workover phases. Committed to being “best in class”, our client consistently provides state-of-the-art equipment, highly trained personnel, and the highest operating efficiency and safety performance with the service and rental segment of the industry.
- Abides by all Client Safety and Operational Policies and Procedures, and abide by all DOT requirements. Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies.
- Must abide by all Customer Safety policies and procedures while on customers job site.
- Installs, repairs, removes and maintains various company tools and equipment, and exhibit proficiency within a six month period.
- Drives and operates mobile crane truck, pickup and trailer to deliver tools over state lines up to 70% of the time depending on district location, and exhibit proficiency within a six month period
- Drives company vehicle on a daily basis in a safe manner, observing all company and government regulations, between each district and off site locations at scheduled time.
- Regularly inspects company equipment for preventative maintenance purposes.
- Assures proper operation, maintenance, applications and document repairs and/or damages of company equipment in a timely manner.
- Completes all paperwork on a daily basis in a timely manner as required by company and supervisor, including preparation and timely submission of accurate and thorough completion of job reports, driving logs, trip reports and call sheets.
- Performs maintenance and reports on all company vehicles, and/or company owned and rental equipment.
- May oversee job site services and provide direction to onsite labor when needed.
- Assists in job action planning with customer on location.
- Ensures proper delivery of product.
- Assists in the shop and make deliveries when available.
- Assists in pre-job safety meetings to include review of job safety analysis (JSA) process.
- Maintains open lines of communication with District Manager and Operations District before, during and after job completion. Ensures management is appropriately informed of area activities and attends meetings as required.
- Maintains open lines of communication with various customers regarding job updates, problems, tool procedures, and hazards on job site locations.
- Learn SOP’s and work instructions per respective product line.
- Learn hand signals for job site (crane operation and vehicles).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Must be able to travel for extensive amount of days and be on call 24/7.
- Must maintain a safe driving record as prescribed by company policy.
- Must successfully pass pre- and post-employment drug and alcohol tests per company policy.
- Valid class A CDL driver’s license or ability to obtain a class A CDL with airbrake endorsement within 3-6 months of employment per product line requirements.
- Upon receiving a class A CDL license, must maintain and carry a current D.O.T. medical card at all times.