We are currently seeking an Automation Technician for a long-term position with a leading exploration and production company with operations in Jal, NM.
Our Client, based out of Tulsa, Oklahoma, purchases and develops oil and gas properties across the United States while also working diligently with experts in the field to determine market-driven, pragmatic and alternative fuel sources to foreign crude supply.
The Automation Technician is responsible for performing corrective & preventative maintenance on I&E systems as analytical equipment, control elements, SCADA systems, advanced hardware (computers, telemetry & etc.), logic networks and other related equipment associated typically in the processing, fractionation, storage and transportation of natural gas liquids.
- Attend safety meetings and work safely
- Diagnose routine and non-routine equipment malfunction by observing operation, listening, and using diagnostic equipment to locate causes of trouble
- Install and maintain process control and data gathering systems
- Install, maintain, and program GE plc, Allen Bradley plc, and Wonder ware HMI systems
- Read and prepare piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&I.D.).
- Recognize danger signals from equipment indicating a need for emergency procedures, which include the shutdown of equipment
- Review and organize material inventory by examining stock to verify conformance to specification; count and sort incoming articles, compile reports on inventory and recommend to supervision ordering of replacement and additions
- Train co-workers in safe and proper job procedures
- Troubleshoot, calibrate, repair, tune, configure and install electronic I/P converters, positioners, transmitters etc.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and install compressor panel boards
- Knowledge of PSM and mechanical drawings, maintenance records, maintenance procedures, equipment drawings, and maintenance manuals
- Participate in PHA and PSSR events
- Knowledge of all safety aspects of electrical troubleshooting and maintenance, including compliance with OSHA 1910
- Regular and reliable attendance is required
- Minimum Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and/or training
- Maintain a valid driver’s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company
- Minimum of 6-10 years of work related oilfield experience
- Specific experiencein in the installation and maintenance of automation communication network infrastructure, as well as PI and HMI integration, preferred
- Must have a mechanical aptitude
- Has a solid understanding of utilizing horsepower and compression
- Able to troubleshoot equipment failures