We have an opening for a Scheduler/Planner for to work in the Pasadena, TX area.
Our Client operates 36 individual business units across multiple industries including chemical, oil & gas, as well as a number of consumer brands. With a diversified product portfolio, our Client’s products has a wide range of end market applications.
Under direction of Client, Planner, will provide P6 schedules for purposes of tracking and improving performance on Capital Projects. The successful candidate will: Understand Earned Value Management as it pertains to schedule and cost; Be organized, self‐motivated, proactive, creative and results oriented; Have a detailed knowledge of refinery maintenance and construction methods and dynamics; Have a working understanding of general refinery safety and environmental policies, procedures and practices.
- Build schedules in adherence to the Client and Site Primavera scheduling requirements.
- Conduct schedule optimization reviews and implement identified improvements
- Conduct schedule diagnostics and analysis to assure/maintain schedule quality and integrity
- Provide progress data and remaining work/duration forecasts for cost controls functions
- Perform schedule progress analysis to identify and initiate action with capital project leadership on underperforming areas
- Generate required progress reports, metrics and analysis, including earned value.
- Ability to perform all skills required of a Capital Project scheduler
- Proficient in Primavera P6 v15.1 or higher scheduling and data base management.
- Able to perform complex schedule imports and merges, schedule diagnostics, troubleshoot problems and provide solutions.
- 10+ years of experience in experience developing engineering & construction schedules and managing updates to capital projects schedules in an industrial facility
- Proficient Excel user, including data imports, pivot tables and graphing
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Word.
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
- Familiarity with the SAP Plant Maintenance (PM) and Material Management (MM) modules
- 10+ years of experience in experience developing engineering & construction schedules and managing updates to capital projects schedules in an industrial facility.