We have an opening for a Software Engineer - Drilling to be based out of Houston, TX. This job can be worked remotely.
Our client is one of the largest oil field service companies with operations in more than 70 countries. It's major business segment is the Energy Services Group offering a broad array of producs and services to upstream oil and gas customers worldwide through multiple product service lines.
- ACE is the control and monitoring software used in the Client's world-leading hydraulic fracturing fleet.
- Candidate will design, develop and test code to develop and enhance critical features to be used in future operations.
- Candidate will work as a member of the ACE development team under the supervision of a senior software architect.
- Candidate will work directly with the equipment mechanical, electrical and digital teams to establish requirements, design software architecture, implement and test code.
- Candidate will work remotely and participate in daily team meetings using Microsoft TEAMS.
- Candidate will be available to travel 2-4 times per year within the North American Continent to perform functional and operations testing on pressure pumping equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or commensurate qualification from an accredited university.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Experience developing in C++ using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience in working with PLC-based Industrial Control & Automation Systems
Knowledge of common industry network communication protocols (Ethernet, CAN, J1939, etc.)
- Team player with ability to work in a highly cross-functional environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to professionally support periodic communication to management
Qualifications & Experience Considered a “Plus”
- Previous experience in the Oil and Gas industry, particularly in working with pressure pumping systems & equipment.
- Experience working with in an Agile Scrum Team and the use of Azure DevOps
- Experience designing industrial integrated control electrical and software systems.
- Experience with Windows WIX Installer Toolset