We have an opening for a Safety Specialist to work in the Pasadena, TX.
Our Client manufactures chemicals used in the production in thousands of everyday household items such as hand lotion, detergent, shampoo and artistic paints. Our Client is also proud to work closely with the surrounding communities to prepare for and respond to natural disasters or accidents before they arise.
Provide front-line support to enhance compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local HES-related laws, regulations and industry standards regarding occupational safety and health in a chemical plant environment. Responsible for complying with all AIMS HESQ policies & practices including ISO-9001 and ISO-45001. This includes compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements. For example, OSHA, EPA, TCEQ, etc.
- Assist in the development and implementation of health & safety programs that support the company's goals and its HES policies, plans, and procedures.
- Continually improve the company's policies, plans and procedures to promote compliance with applicable health and safety requirements under Federal, State and local laws, regulations, and industry standards while implementing workplace efficiencies.
- Maintain working knowledge of applicable health and safety laws, regulations, and standards.
- Facilitate and support in incident investigation, emergency response planning, employee training, industrial health, contractor qualification, and behavior-based safety efforts.
- Enhance communication with site personnel and other departments to ensure health and safety policies, plans, and procedures are supported.
- Enhance relationships with outside entities, including governmental and non-governmental organizations that are part of the company's success in its HES programs.
- Provide support in emergency activities, training, maintenance permitting, monitoring, and protective systems inspection, maintenance, replacement & upgrade.
- Understand the site's daily activities and anticipate needs of operating and maintenance personnel to ensure effective support by HES.
- Provide HES support on off-hours as part of the HES On-Call rotation.
- Support loss control responsibilities which include conducting inspections and audits related to the Loss Control program, participating in Hazard Reviews where needed, recommending safety improvements, and completing action items in a timely manner.
- Support the Engineering Services Manager as directed.
- Greater than 5 years of plant experience with relevant industrial experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Safety Management, Industrial Engineering, or related discipline preferred
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local health and safety laws and regulations as it affects the plant.