We have an opening for a Sr. Production Engineer to work in the Pasadena, TX.
Our Client manufactures chemicals used in the production in thousands of everyday household items such as hand lotion, detergent, shampoo and artistic paints. Our Client is also proud to work closely with the surrounding communities to prepare for and respond to natural disasters or accidents before they arise.
Responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the Client's production facility, 2EHA facility, and related utilities. Provide day-to-day technical support to the Operations Team. Responsible for providing leadership in site PSM efforts and for complying with all AIMS HESQ policies & practices including ISO-9001 and OHSAS-18001. This includes compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements. For example, OSHA, EPA, TCEQ, etc.
- Oversee day-to-day production of technical acryl acid (tAA) and glacial acrylic acid (gAA) at desired customer quality and specifications. Assist 2EHA Operations Leader in overseeing day-to-day production of 2-ethylhexylacrylate (2EHA).
- Ensure operation of plant and related utilities is within all safety, environmental and permit specifications. Support implementation of HES best practices.
- Ensure that assigned processes operate to desired efficiency and reliability. Monitor and track key performance indicators and take actions to maintain or improve them, as appropriate.
- Provide leadership for site PSM efforts and initiatives.
- Troubleshoot assigned processes and computer control systems (DCS and SIS) as problems arise, and support the maintenance and health monitoring of these systems.
- Develop control schemes, graphics, etc. for DCS and SIS.
- Provide leadership and support for the scope development and implementation of capital and cost savings projects.
- Oversee operator activities to ensure efficient and effective production activities.
- Support the Shift Supervisors during daily and upset plant conditions.
- Coordinate analytical needs between Operations and the Laboratory.
- Initiate Management-of-Change (MOC) documents, within scope of responsibility.
- Assist the Production Manager with production accounting activities as-needed.
- Lead Alarm Management program activities, for assigned units.
- Support the Production Manager and perform duties of Production Manager in his/her absence.
- Work closely with the Operations Specialist for all day-to-day operational support and troubleshooting activities.
- Provide mentorship of other Process Engineering roles in technical analyses and process improvement scope development.
- Loss control responsibilities include: conducting inspections and audits related to the Loss Control program as assigned, participating in Hazard Reviews as needed, recommending safety improvements, completion of safety action items as assigned, completing required regulatory training, and compliance with all applicable regulations.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering (minimum).
- Minimum of five years' experience in engineering in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Able to work independently, self-starter.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Strong multi-tasking ability; able to handle multiple projects and meet commitments.
- DCS programming skills, Visual Basic, or similar programming language.
- Proven process engineering technical skills in sizing valves, pumps, flow meters, piping, and similar chemical processing equipment.
- Effective written and oral communications skills with Supervisors / Management as well as hourly employees.