We have an opening for a Environmental Superintendent to work in the Pasadena, TX.
Our Client manufactures chemicals used in the production in thousands of everyday household items such as hand lotion, detergent, shampoo and artistic paints. Our Client is also proud to work closely with the surrounding communities to prepare for and respond to natural disasters or accidents before they arise.
Provide support to ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local HES related laws, regulations, and industry standards regarding environmental programs in a chemical plant. Provide leadership to the environmental team and to the plant’s overall environmental efforts and programs. Responsible for complying with all AIMS HESQ policies & practices including ISO-9001 and ISO-45001. This includes compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements. For example, OSHA, EPA, TCEQ, etc
- Provide overall leadership and direction to the company’s environmental policies and strategic initiatives.
- Identify, develop and implement programs to drive improvements that support environmental excellence, consistent with the company’s goals. Lead project teams, as appropriate.
- Supervise other members of the environmental team. Provide coaching and mentoring to encourage personnel development.
- Continually improve the company’s policies, plans and procedures to promote compliance with applicable environmental requirements under Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Maintain working knowledge of all applicable environmental laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Provide leadership and support with incident investigation, emergency response planning, employee training, process hazard analyses, and contractor evaluation efforts.
- Provide guidance and leadership to all levels of the organization with respect to the company’s HES compliance tools and strategies.
- Actively promote communications with other departments to ensure HES policies and procedures are followed.
- Enhance relationships with outside entities, including governmental and non-governmental organizations that are part of the company’s success in its HES programs.
- Provide direction in air pollution, potable water, storm water discharges, spill prevention & response, hazardous substance management & release reporting, and pollution prevention.
- Support the Engineering Services & Loss Control Manager, as directed.
- Apply state-of-the-art and innovative management techniques and engineering solutions, including information systems and engineering approaches to resolve HES issues and to achieve program objectives on schedule.
- Utilize a real-time, data-driven approach to track, monitor, and improve environmental performance, consistent with company goals and objectives.
- Provide HES support on off-hours as part of the HES On-Call Rotation.
- Provide back-up to other members of the environmental team.
- Loss control responsibilities which include: conducting inspections and audits related to the Loss Control program as assigned, participating in Hazard Reviews as needed, recommending safety improvements, completion of safety action items as assigned, completing required regulatory training, and compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Actively/routinely monitors facility conditions and plant operations and maintenance activities to ensure HES compliance. Maintain visibility among plant personnel at all levels.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum of fifteen years of plant experience with relevant industrial experience.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental related laws and regulations as they affect the plant.
- Class D Potable Water Operator Certification.
- RCRA/DOT Certification.
- EPA Method 9 Certification.