We are seeking a Plant Operator for an opportunity in Fort Lupton, CO.
Our Client is a growth-oriented partnership formed to acquire, own, develop and operate midstream energy assets. With midstream assets located throughout the US, our Client engages in the business of gathering, compressing, treating, processing, and transporting natural gas; gathering, stabilizing and transporting condensate, natural gas liquids and crude oil; and gathering and disposing of produced water for its customers.
The Plant Operators' responsibilities include:
- Perform System Lead Operator duties. Ensure optimal system operations mode on a real-time basis and recommend adjustments to be made as needed to achieve optimal operation.
- Coordinate execution of routine and emergent maintenance through effective planning, execution, materials sourcing, manpower utilization, cost control, long range planning, and project implementation.
- Has developed a high level of technical and operational skills to ensure the scheduling and completion of operational assignments.
- Identifies and solves a range of technical, operational, and/or organizational problems and is considered an expert resource for the operating area
- Identifies and promptly acts upon, or efficiently organizes, any efforts needed to address safety and operational deficiencies, protection of community, personnel, the environment, and assets.
- Communicate optimization recommendations to internal and external stakeholders, such as Gas Control, Gas Management, Operating Teams, and Customers
- Understand customer needs and contractual obligations; integrate them into daily operations
- Monitor compliance with contracts and proactively take/initiate action to assure same
- Coordinate efforts of Operating Teams.
- Provide guidance and data to be included in line of sight and other performance metrics
- Facilitate and contribute to operational planning meetings
- Gather, analyze, and form recommendations based on performance data
- Makes a variety of decisions related to their own work and the work of others in the operating area, guided by policies and procedures, which impact the efficiency and effectiveness of the area.
- Work with interdisciplinary teams to ensure priorities between system operation, operating teams, Gas Control, Gas Management, and customers are aligned.
- Routine operational reporting and communications such as daily reports, conducting shift turn-over, and daily meetings.
- Perform review and verification of operating procedures and facility drawings including, but not limited to, P&ID, mechanical, electrical, and plot plans.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in midstream operations and/or maintenance -8 or greater preferred.
- Control room, dispatch center, processing plant lead operator experience preferred
- Understanding of complex systems and ability to identify opportunities to optimize performance
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems, and SCADA.
- Leadership and communication skills.
- Individual must be self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Possess an Associate’s, or two-year technical degree in mechanical, engineering technology, electronics, or related field.
- Control room, dispatch center, processing plant lead operator experience
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role.