We have an opening for a Technical Services Supervisor to work in the Midland, TX area.
Our Client is a telecommunications service partner to the energy industry, helping enable connectivity in remote locations across North America. They own and operate one of the first end-to-end, standards-based, 4G/5G-ready LTE networks dedicated to supporting remote oil and gas operations with more than 130,000 square miles of network coverage area across the Lower 48. We serve as the foundational layer for the digital oil field, delivering value across remote and distributed operations.
The Technical Services Supervisor is responsible for technical leadership to field operations staff involved in the service of installing, servicing, and maintaining communications equipment at new and existing customer locations. You will perform oversight and field quality inspections of work completed by field operations personnel. On occasion you will meet customers to review work completed, handle customer complaints or feedback and perform corrective maintenance at remote sites. On a rotational basis, you will assist with assignment of tasks and dispatching of field personnel. You will be expected to represent the company with the professionalism and expertise appropriate for a supervisor and consistent with what our customers have come to expect.
- Works with customers to understand scope of field service projects.
- Participates in kick-off meeting with customer and assumes the role of on-site manager for installations.
- When necessary, prepares and delivers estimates to Client internal resources (e.g., Sales Engineering) for field service.
- Tracks and documents service orders to ensure proper billing at project completion.
- Ensures materials are ordered and sent to job sites on time. Receives inbound requests for additional material from field and determines proper course of action with purchasing.
- Provide direction and management of field technicians to ensure jobs are complete.
- Works with other Client departments for scheduling of resources at job sites.
- Ensures all safety requirements and quality standards are upheld within field service organization.
- Develops written procedures for all field service work performed.
- Ensures accurate records of all field service calls are maintained.
- Support continuous improvement through development and adherence to procedures and related ongoing training and development of operations personal.
- Conducts business with integrity and is compliant with all regulations which concern the operation of the company.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the skills and tools to perform testing on a variety of RF systems such as satellite equipment as well as various LTE and microwave radios.
- Familiar with basic network devices such as routers and switches to install, configure, and perform essential functional checks.
- Demonstrated skill with test analyzers, RF analyzers, power meters, signal meters, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Assist with troubleshooting and fault identification efforts in coordination of NOC and field resources.
- Assist with the creation and adherence of documented procedures and perform tasks with precision and consistency according to the standard operations procedures.
- Contribute to the improvement of Client systems and tools, by assisting with or taking responsibility for projects as requested by management.
- Will act as technical liaison between the field operations and engineering team to provide feedback and data on repair trends and findings.
- Support training new field technicians and serve as a liaison in case of tech support bulletins.
- Provide feedback on opportunities to improve process and workflow efficiency.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for dispatching service coordination and cover for absences when needed.
**Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GE
- Minimum of 10+ years prior experience in telecommunication industry, with progressively increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience working 4-5 years in a technical support role
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple initiatives in the execution of daily operations.
- Ability to work under tight timelines and pressure
- Experience working in the Oil and Gas industry
- 2-year technical degree in electronics, engineering technology, networking, system engineering or similar.
- Successful training or certification in Cisco, Network+, etc.
- Advanced training in networking, switching, routing or networks technologies.
- Advanced/factory training in any of the systems being utilized.