We are currently seeking a SCADA Analyst for a long-term project based in Denver, CO.
Our client is a leading midstream services firm who owns, operates, acquires and develops midstream energy assets. They are one of the largest crude oil and natural gas exploration and production companies in the US.
The SCADA Automation Administrator will provide essential SCADA, Automation, and Measurement engineering support to the Denver division basins.
The SCADA Automation Administrator will also be responsible for:
- Managing various SCADA related field projects
- Installing, troubleshooting and maintaining the SCADA/EFM communications systems that supports real time and EFM data collection
- Creating new and modify Cygnet SCADA system graphics for TPL users
- Working with field OPS to troubleshoot compressor panel communications and PLC issues
- Working with measurement to troubleshoot measurement issues for data retrieval and installation support as needed
- Working with vendors/contractors on local SCADA/EFM expansion/modification projects
- Automation, SCADA, and Measurement project coordination and management including project scoping, materials specification and coordination with Sourcing, resource planning with basin Leads, scheduling, budgeting, management.
- Automation and SCADA project support ensuring configuration/programming in accordance with industry and divisional standards
- Support to field personnel as required for implementation or project coordination, as requested, in support of company goals
- Project work may include all or part of the following: assessments, analysis, developing a detailed scope of work, preparation of cost estimates, expenditures forecasting, acquisitions, equipment specification review and development, bid evaluations, RF engineering and path design, installation drawings, budgeting and installation plans supported or mentored by other group resources.
- Assist the engineering staff with process improvement studies and projects, quality assurance programs, training of field personnel, procedure documentation, RF engineering, and safety compliance.
- Support of enterprise level IS activities as delivered at the divisional level.
- Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology or Computer Science degree or similar desired.
- 3+ years of experience in Automation with Oil & Gas experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills, multi-tasking, and organizational skills required.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company
- Working knowledge of Licensed and Unlicensed radio frequency 900MHz to 11GHz radio systems. Including antenna structures and associated supporting equipment
- Working knowledge of all wireless communications
- Information Technology -> SCADA (CygNet), SQL, VB (Visual Basic),
- Client Operating System = Window 10 32-bit and 64-bit
- Virtual Environments = VMware Virtualization
- Server Applications = Terminal Services, Citrix, Internet Information Services (IIS), IBM Tivoli Storage manager (TSM or ITSM)
- Having basic knowledge of field measurement
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and Modbus protocols and network topologies. Knowledge of SQL would be a plus
- Working knowledge of PLC troubleshooting
- Exhibit good project management and communications skills
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing