We are currently seeking an experienced Instrument Engineer for a contract opportunity for an independent refiner based out of Bellingham, WA.
Our Client provides full multi-disciplined engineering, design, project management, procurement, and construction coordination support services to clients in the US and Canada. For decades, they have successfully provided these services to help their customers engineer the future of energy.
The Instrument Engineer is primarily responsible for providing instrumentation & controls (I&C) design and project Engineering coordination for assigned capital projects by ensuring standards and best practices are used by contractors and internal personnel, including, but not limited to, ensuring appropriate application of all specifications and that testing, documentation and project commissioning of all instrumentation & controls project strategies meet our client's and internal customer expectations.
The Instrument Engineer is also responsible for:
- Developing project scope; providing guidance to ensure quality for instrumentation and automation portion of capital projects, as well as ensuring all designs are safe to install and operate
- Coordinating with internal customer instrumentation & control Engineers and specialists to assure capital project automation objectives are achieved
- Coordinating both external and internal resources for assigned projects, delivering specialized instrumentation and control systems within project scope; providing oversight and guidance for contract instrumentation & control Engineers
- Providing in-house Engineering design, construction support and start- up assistance for all assigned projects; providing support for conducting feasibility and simulation studies, evaluating economic value and impact on instrumentation & controls installations
- Reviewing project documentation, drawings, equipment specifications, Management of Change (MOCs), FAT’s and Authorizations for Expenditures (AFEs) documents
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of progressive Engineering experience within a refinery, petro- chemical, pipeline and/or terminal setting; 5- 10+ years of Project Engineering and/or Project Management experience leading major capital projects with a total installed cost of $10- $20+ MM