We have an opening for a NDT Level II Technician to work in the Salt Lake City, UT area. As an NDT Level II Technician, you will perform safe inspection Nondestructive Tests, execute techniques for proper examination and interpret inspection results. Candidates must be technically competent and knowledgeable in the application of the current inspection codes and have a minimum of 5+ years of experience working in mechanical integrity programs of refineries. Additional certifications and or a degree is a plus.
Our Client aims to make the world reliable and they’re starting with heavy industry. They’re helping complex process facilities such as refineries, chemical plants, mining facilities and water treatment plants use their own data to make strategic reliability decisions. Our Client believes that collecting and efficiently using the right data is the key to a healthy program from start to finish.
- Apply Client's Non-destructive Testing standards
- Perform inspection work that consists of UTT, MT and PT testing
- Understand and follow safety procedures and ensure requirements are being met
- Conditions may include working inside and/or outside.
- May work around office machinery with moving parts and moving objects.
- Working near radiant and electrical energy.
- Working closely with others or working alone.
- Working extended or irregular hours and travelling by all possible modes of transportation.
Physical Job Requirements
- Ability to walk, stand, sit ,kneel, push ,stoop, crawl, twist, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, climb stairs and ladders ,identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle and operate motor equipment.
Tools and PPE Requirements
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing the essential job function include but not limited to computer and related equipment, calculator, special instrumentation, hand tools, power tools, air tools, telephone, and automobile.
- Ability to wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE), including but not limited to, safety glasses, hardhat, reinforced toed shoes, coveralls, gloves, and ear plugs or muffs
- 5+ years of experience working in mechanical integrity programs of refineries.
- UTT MT PT on the job training hours
- UTT MT PT Classroom hours
- Must pass Level II UT MT PT testing with Pinnacle
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Must pass DISA background, drug and alcohol screens
- Must possess a valid driver license and TWIC card
- Self-motivated with good written and verbal communication skills with a positive team-oriented attitude is required