We are currently seeking a Chemical Treater with experience for a position in the Jal, NM area.
Our client is a leading midstream services firm in Midland, TX who owns, operates, acquires and develops midstream energy assets. They are one of the largest crude oil and natural gas exploration and production companies in the US.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for managing chemical suppliers and targeting problems/projects that will add value by reducing failures, increasing oil production, reducing OPEX, or improving facilities.
- Analyze the well flows and composition
- Decide what types of chemicals are needed to handle the polymers and increase flow
- Identify and enhance inefficiencies of processes
- Affectively utilize resources internal and external of business unit
- Responsible for oversight of corrosion control and chemical programs for wells and for surface equipment and facilities
- Assures that program goals and practices are aligned and compliant with HES objectives, procedures and policies
- Works closely with Operations leaders, Mechanical Integrity team, Facilities & Construction and Project teams, contractor and vendor personnel to develop and continually improve chemical and corrosion control programs and procedures.
- 5+ years experience with processes, procedures, testing and equipment associated with corrosion control and chemical treatment monitoring for downhole and surface equipment.
- Operational oilfield knowledge pertaining to artificial lift, facility operations, and surface operations.
- Experience with chemical applications to reduce scale, corrosion, etc.
- Take samples
- Chemical budget management with emphasis on optimizing chemical programs and maximizing chemical spend per BO and TBF.
- NACE or other industry training in corrosion technology
- Experience with LOWIS, MAXIMO, CREDO, SPOTFIRE, and database software
- Knowledgeable in existing and emerging technologies associated with corrosion, scale, paraffin, asphaltene, and bacteria treating.