We have an opening for a Controls Systems Specialist to work in the Pasadena, TX area.
Our Client is continually looking to the future. The values they hold closely are timeless; respect, integrity and continually improving quality. Our Client seeks employees for whom these values are already a part of who they are, so that they can guarantee their customers effective solutions that help them achieve their business goals.
Provides plant automation and process control support for the Houston production facility for small projects & daily activities. Identify, design, and implement automation improvement opportunities that align with the business goals to safely meet production targets utilizing lean manufacturing principles. Work with peers at other Client sites to incorporate automation standards that align with best practices defined by the Global Engineering group. Assist in defining automation modernization strategies for the business, specifically at the Pasadena site.
- Organize and prioritize a portfolio of automation improvement opportunities with various managers, engineers, supervisors, and groups of plant
- Work as part of the local controls team to provide daily support to the operations, maintenance, and instrumentation teams by troubleshooting and improving the site automation systems to meet site safety and production goals.
- Scope and define automation requirements for capital projects at the site. Work with project teams to successfully implement automation to support these projects.
- Provide off-hour on-call to support plant operations on a rotational
- Work with process control engineers from all manufacturing sites to develop and maintain set of Client standards and conventions for best in practice plant automation and process
- Maintain site automation hardware and process control networks to support the operations of the Houston manufacturing site safely and securely through implementing a life cycle plan for the site’s automation infrastructure.
- Work with engineers to identify ways to optimize plant operations through improved automation by applying lean manufacturing principles.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, mathematics, or natural
- 5 or more years of experience applying process control solutions in chemical manufacturing
- Experience with supporting daily activities and implementing small capital
- Experience configuring and maintaining automation on DCS, PLC, & HMI
- Experience working with data historians and managing
- Working knowledge of automation standards for process safety, alarm management, batch management, and cybersecurity for industrial control
- Working knowledge of server operating systems & network protocols sufficient to support a process control
- Self-motivated, attention to detail and highly organized
- Strong team player, with demonstrated ability to positively motivate team members to success
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- 10 years of experience implementing process control solutions at a chemical manufacturing
- Experience working on large capital
- Good knowledge of batch application and standards (ISA 88)
- Experience with modernizing legacy automation systems in an operating production
- Experience with D/3 and Delta V control