We are currently seeking a Electrical Technician with extensive experience for a prominent exploration and production company with operations based in Mentone, TX.
Our Client is a global international energy exploration and production company and one of the largest oil producers in the United States. Founded in 1920, our client’s technical expertise and proven ability to deliver lasting results are the hallmark of their international success. While manufacturing the building blocks for life-enhancing products, our client utilizes leading edge technologies that grow their business and simultaneously help to advance a lower-carbon world.
The Electrical Technician will be responsible for:
- Installing electrical circuits and equipment including panels, switches, protective devices, conduit, and related equipment as required.
- Installing and maintain PLC's, 120V control circuits, 480V power, 4160V switchgear, transformers & motors, electronic controls by following electrical drawings and using test instruments such as an ammeter and voltmeter.
- Installing, examining, replacing, and/or repairing electrical wiring, conduits, receptacles, switch boxes, feeders, fiber-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures, and other electrical components.
- Fabricate, install, and/or run conduit, 3-Phase work, motor terminations, control and instrument troubleshooting, and panel work.
- Test, maintain, repair, and install switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators, and reactors.
- Test and install electrical motors, generators, and pneumatic electrical control systems.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems and industrial equipment such as motors, starters, relays, solid state circuitry electro-mechanical components, AC, and DC solid state drives or PLCs.
- Interpret and work from electrical drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, code specifications to determine the layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, resistance, voltage and current.
- May maintain, install, and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- Journeyman license preferred
- Ability to read schematics, blueprints, and electrical diagrams.
- Have knowledge of and ability to interpret the NEC Code Book.
- Be safety-minded and follow safety regulations.
- Ability to trouble shoot 480 volt MCC's
- Ability to trouble shoot all size electric motors
- Ability to trouble shoot Drives