We have an opening for an Instrument and Electrical Engineer to work in the Pasadena, TX area.
Our Client is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, they produce materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges. Our Client sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies.
Provides project Instrument, Electrical (4160V and lower), and Analyzer (IEA) engineering support to the Capital Projects and Maintenance Groups:
Supporting engineering, design, and installation of scope for site capital and maintenance projects. The position interacts with other disciplines and groups onsite, corporate technical networks and peers, and vendors/suppliers as needed to implement successfully and startup new equipment installations and revamps. The position is responsible for engineering activities and the development of technical deliverables to meet the schedule, scope, budget, and quality requirements of multi-discipline projects. Will typically support multiple projects valued at up to $20MM TIC each.
- Provides project discipline engineering support on project teams towards successfully completing projects as assigned so that they are successfully completed and meet the objectives.
- Works with design resources both internally and externally to achieve designs that are cost-effective and technically sound so that all projects are designed efficiently, cost-effectively, and have operability against the up-front project objectives.
- Collaborates and engages all other disciplines either internally or externally, towards the successful completion of the project.
- Responsible for following the Capital project process and meeting the Delegation of Authority (DOA) policy so that all projects can meet internal and external audit criteria and the sites remain in DOA compliance. Working through the Capital Project - Checklist and documenting all phases of the project process.
- Works closely with subcontract engineers and/or designers to coordinate their activities and to ensure the subcontractor's work is checked. The standards and quality are in accordance with standards, guidelines, and customer requirements.
- Prepares or reviews/approves specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Performs periodic design reviews; ensures designs, including all IEA engineering drawings, technical specifications, calculations, and programs, follow specifications, codes, regulations, and contract requirements. Provides technical and quality standards are maintained.
- Documents and maintains all communication that impacts technical decisions.
- Assists in reviewing estimates of probable costs for construction at various stages of design.
- Participates in the development of criteria for an evaluation of equipment, technical material suppliers, and technical service providers.
- Consults with peers at the site and across the company.
- Supports the development of procedures for Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and Pre-Startup Acceptance Tests (PSAT) of the project installed or modified SIS.
- Supports function tests, PSAT, FAT, PSSR, and startup activities and ensures proper documentation and data integrity of function testing, FAT, PSAT, red-lines, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Instrument Engineering
- Seven (7) years or more of relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, chemical process, or power generation industries is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across the organization as well as for mentoring and consensus-building.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal/rapport-building skills necessary to work effectively as a team member and to plan/coordinate processes for results.
- Results-oriented and able to drive to technically sound decisions.
- Strong commitment to safety, a high level of personal integrity, and dedication to ethically conducting business.
- Exhibits an understanding of business drivers, management of change requirements, project management processes, and construction workflow.
- The individual must have or develop basic proficiency in the following areas with the ability to develop into a subject matter expert in particular areas:
- Strong working knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC)
- Knowledgeable of electrical requirements of industry codes (i.e., IEEE, ISA, and NFPA)
- Broad understanding of the instrument, electrical, and analyzer engineering
- Demonstrated ability to organize and track a high volume of detailed information that impacts own work or ability to apply computer software tools (SAP, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD)