We have an opening for a Project Engineer to work in the Houston, TX area.
Our Client is a global leader in the full service treatment and removal in caustic substances, as well as providing process technology, engineering and equipment to the oil and gas industry. When it comes to the beneficial reuse and recycling of spent caustics, our client leads the way, turning would-be waste into viable and valuable commodities.
- Assist in the planning, development, and management of projects.
- Oversee and coordinate the technical and logistical issues as assigned by the PM.
- Helps ensure that project schedules are met
- Read all project specifications and review project documentation to ensure project completion per all technical and commercial requirements.
- Documentation responsibilities may include contracts, purchase orders, estimates, change orders, client specifications, budgets, schedules and other similar documents.
- Assist in developing the project risks/issues and project strategy with the PM and the project team, once all project specifications have been identified, issued, and accepted.
- Responsible for working with procurement to prepare Project Technical Packages for identifying the scope of work for outside vendors. These PTC’s may include SOW for detail engineering, fabrication, painting, heat treating, heat tracing, E&I, crating, shipping, etc.
- Assist in reviewing scopes of work, requisitions, and purchase orders to subcontractors. Once the contract is awarded, will assist in coordinating and overseeing all subcontracts.
- Assist the PM in collecting all information required for negotiating critical issues with clients.
- Assist in conducting and coordinating internal project meetings and produce the meeting agenda, meeting minutes, project reports and updates
- Assist in maintenance of the action item list, change order register, invoicing milestone summary, project procurement checklist and other items as needed.
- Monitor and review work completed by the internal project team, engineering contractor, including outside vendor deliverables.
- Work with Project Controls to update schedules to ensure contract requirements are met
- Produce and analyze cost reports for PM review.
- Coordinate and help expedite the review of fabricated equipment so that contracted client requirements are met.
- Assist PM in completing and tracking change orders, NCR, and CARs.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in an Engineering Discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of Project Engineering experience in the Oil & Gas, Refining, Petrochemical or Chemical industries.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the execution of multiple projects in a matrix project execution organization.
- Knowledge of Fabrication methodologies for equipment used in Oil & Gas, Refining, Petrochemical or Chemical industries
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Project in particular), Oracle.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must posses a current, valid driver's license and be able to be insured under company's liability insurance policy.
- Knowledge of project cost estimating and forecasting methodologies
- Knowledge of Basic and Detailed Engineering skills, disciplines and tasks required to engineer equipment for the Oil & Gas, Refining, Petrochemical or Chemical industries
- Using Project Department procedures and methods.
- Ensuring client requirements are met and schedules are maintained.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to work in a general office environment.
- Able to use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to work a standard 5-day week with an agreed upon standard schedule and overtime as required.
- Travel requirements – moderate
- Fabrication and assembly shops
- Able to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to maintain focus and analyze data.
- Able use hands to grasp objects
- Able to lift twenty pounds and exert force
- Able to see clearly judge distance & spatial relationships to distinguish objects as they are
- Able to sit, stand, walk, stoop, crawl or kneel for extended periods of time
- Able to use personal protective equipment (PPE), including a respirator
- Able to enter fabricated equipment through a 23-inch manhole
- Able to climb ladders and stairs