We have an opening for a Project Engineer with a Chemical background to work in the Pasadena, TX area.
Founded in 1949, our Client achieves growth by overcoming changes in the times and business environments through a creative fusion of people and technology. The many materials they create are used by their customers in products essential to rewarding living, and their business have come to span wide-ranging number of fields including Materials Solutions, Healthcare Advancement, and Nutrition Solutions.
The Project Engineer II is responsible for working with the production, maintenance and technical groups to develop estimates and implement capital projects. The Project Engineer II will resolve start-up issues, provide process improvements, and improve safety. The Project Engineer II will manage the projects beginning through final documentation and project closeout.
- Direct and manage small to large capital project requirements from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support plant requirements in collaboration with management.
- Develop any and all associated project documents including detailed list of engineering and design specs for the deliverables of the scope.
- Estimate project cost, submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Keep track of project costs and variance reports.
- Develop timelines and identify resources needed to execute the project on time and on budget.
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones.
- Select equipment, piping, electrical & instrument, civil, structural, vendor/contractors through the bid process when applicable.
- Where required, negotiate with vendor/supplier to meet the project budget/process requirement.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and other departments in timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members and personnel.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirement documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Assist in transferring projects to production department by training personnel on new equipment/systems/processes.
- Adhere to all safety policies onsite.
- Make recommendations for process/production and department improvements.
- Participate in project HAZOPS and PHA’s.
- Participate in continued learning initiatives.
- Design and installation of non-process projects as required.
- Special projects and assignments as needed to support administration and technical labs.
- Field supervision of contractors and engineering firms.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Mentor department interns when needed
- Maintain complete and open lines of communication with other personnel, functions, or departments to facilitate operations and interaction in the organization.
- Keep supervisor informed of status and progress, ensuring that regular and periodic communication takes place.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and keeping abreast of industry trends and related compliance issues within the area of responsibilities.
- Maintain professional conduct, attendance, and high ethical standards in the work place, complying with Company’s policies and procedures.
- Fulfill mandatory training requirements applicable for department and job duties as appropriate.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by supervisor or Management.
- 3-5 years experience with Plant/Manufacturing environment
- 1-3 years of Project Management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Familiarity with AutoCAD & Microsoft Project
- Familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Professional/Technical Capability – Perform specific tasks/phases of work with moderate difficulty and complexity effectively and efficiently (apply and utilize work experience and expertise).
- Process Efficiency – Work process improvement on day-to-day operations/assignments
- Facilitating Teamwork – Collaborate, coordinate, and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders/business partners.
- Coaching/Mentoring – Provide support and advice (in operational aspects) to others with less experience
- CSR Compliance – Exhibit leadership & Commitment to Company CSR policies; support and actively participate in ensuring your actions comply with site CSR policies, procedures and identified best practices.
Work Environments/Physical Demands:
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available and moderate noise. Work in the plant will frequently be required, involving wet or humid conditions, moving parts, possible noise requiring hearing protection, and toxic or corrosive chemicals requiring the wearing of PPE. Work may require standing, walking, grasping, climbing ladders, and lifting/moving up to 15 pounds. Ability to read printed materials and written information on a computer screen is required.
- Occasional Travel
- Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English