We have an opening for a Maintenance Engineer to work in the Pasadena, TX area.
Our Client is a global international energy exploration and production company and one of the largest oil producers in the United States. Founded in 1920, our client’s technical expertise and proven ability to deliver lasting results are the hallmark of their international success. While manufacturing the building blocks for life-enhancing products, our client utilizes leading edge technologies that grow their business and simultaneously help to advance a lower-carbon world.
Responsible for the continuous improvement of maintenance systems, equipment reliability, mechanical integrity, quality programs, reduction of maintenance cost, and project planning for assigned production units. Work within the plant safety, environmental programs. He/she will interact with all levels of plant and non-plant personnel as required to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Creates preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, and condition based monitoring programs, to increase mean time between failures.
- Identifies equipment and facilities with high maintenance cost and/or high failure rates, and works to improve mechanical
- Develops, maintains, and continuously improves the mechanical integrity (MI) program for all selected critical equipment.
- Participates in the preparation of the bill of materials (BOM) which covers equipment for which he/she is responsible.
- Sets up and maintains permanent equipment files on work history, and cost, detailed to individual work orders.
- Develops and monitors the plants non-destructive inspection program which includes planned scheduled equipment
- Responsible for planning and tracking the execution of all the facilities shutdowns.
- Presents a commitment to high standards and the ability to inspire those qualities in others.
- Represents the company’s position and interest effectively in dealings with outside contractors, vendors, and engineering
- Participate in pro-active team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Comply with all company policies, practices and procedures.
- Work overtime as required
- Participate on call duty roster
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must demonstrate the following emotional intelligence skills:
- Emotional Empathy
- Positive Attitude
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Flexibility / Adaptability
- Interpersonal Skills
- Maintain complete and open lines of communication with other personnel, functions, or departments to facilitate operations and interaction in the organization.
- Keep supervisor informed of status and progress, ensuring that regular and periodic communication takes place.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and keeping abreast of industry trends and related compliance issues within the area of responsibilities.
- Maintain professional conduct, attendance, and high ethical standards in the work place, complying with company’s policies and procedures.
- Fulfill mandatory training requirements applicable for department and job duties as appropriate.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by supervisor or Management.
- 10-15 years of experience in Maintenance
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering Discipline (preferably Mechanical)
- Intermediate technical knowledge of MS Office
- Professional/Technical Capability - Perform specific tasks/ phases of work with moderate difficulty and complexity effectively and efficiently (apply and utilize work experience and expertise).
- Process Efficiency - Work process improvement on day-to-day operations/assignments.
- Facilitating Teamwork - Collaborate, coordinate and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders/business partners.
- Coaching/Mentoring - Provide support and advice (in operational aspects) to others with less experience.
- CSR Compliance - Exhibit Leadership & Commitment to Company CSR Policies; support and actively participate in ensuring your actions comply with site CSR policies, procedures, and identified best practices.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available and moderate noise.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing, walking, grasping, and lifting/moving up to 15 pounds (e.g. in order to shred documents, to maintain a neat and organized work environment, and to lift paper supplies, and large boxes and files).
- Ability to read printed materials and written information on a computer screen is required.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English.