We are currently seeking an Automation Commissioning Technician for a long- term assignment to work in Platteville, CO.
Our Client is a global international energy exploration and production company and one of the largest oil producers in the United States. Founded in 1920, our client’s technical expertise and proven ability to deliver lasting results are the hallmark of their international success. While manufacturing the building blocks for life-enhancing products, our client utilizes leading edge technologies that grow their business and simultaneously help to advance a lower-carbon world.
- Commission control systems, validate control loops, confirm functionality of control logic, configure end devices
- Make program changes to PLCs and HMIs
- Test alarms and ensure the control system is aligned with engineering documentation and red-line documents for As-Built corrections.
- Gauge production on assigned wells, and report gauge readings, downtime and other pertinent well information to district office
- Note problems and/or recommend courses of action to supervisor in order to decrease costs and increase production
- Assist in witnessing meter calibrations; monitor rates and pressures on injection and disposal wells; make necessary adjustments; monitor chemical use; and test safety systems daily to maximize daily production
- Perform work in a manner that ensures the secure and environmentally safe operation of all wells and leases
- Conduct other tasks as required by supervisor which are unique to the assigned geographic area
- 5-10 years of experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with PLC programming development
- Advanced skills in Management of Change, design reviews and process hazard analysis.
- Must possess a current, valid driver’s license and the ability to meet and maintain all eligibility requirements to drive a company vehicle
- Must be familiar with Allen Bradley PLC & Fisher ROC measurement equipment
- Successful candidates will still be working on their tools in the field