We have an opening for a Compressor Mechanic to work in the Jal, NM area.
Our client is a leading midstream services firm in Midland, TX who owns, operates, acquires and develops midstream energy assets. They are one of the largest crude oil and natural gas exploration and production companies in the US.
Responsible for maintaining equipment at the gas processing plant and the field compressor stations safely and efficiently. Performs work related to operation, maintenance, and repair of plant and compression equipment, including processing plant equipment, pumps, gas and refrigeration compressors, coolers, electric generation, dehydration equipment, and control systems.
- May assist with supervision of routine operation, maintenance, and repair of plant and field equipment, including instrumentation systems, compressor equipment, pumps, coolers, dehydrators, separators, and pneumatic and electronic control systems with programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
- Troubleshoots mechanical problems as there are failures or signs of failure to engines, compressors, pumps, or any other plant equipment and make repairs.
- Performs overhauls of compressors and engines and reconditions equipment as needed.
- Trains and develops junior mechanics in the repair and troubleshooting of equipment, as well as in Aka guidelines and procedures.
- Adhere to safety and environmental policies and ensures others follow safety policies.
- Attends and actively participates in safety meetings and the plant safety program.
- Organizes and maintains housekeeping of compressor stations and plant, as well as individual work sites.
- Collects oil samples for analysis.
- Prepares maintenance reports on a daily basis to maintain equipment record keeping.
- Tests, calibrates and repairs safety, control, and shut down devices on a regularly scheduled basis; develops and maintains maintenance schedules.
- Directs contract labor when necessary and monitors the activity of third party representatives when present on company sites.
- Adheres to Process Safety Management (PSM) requirements in all aspects of the work and participates in program development and reviews.
- Submits orders for parts, services, and materials to supervisor.
- Performs other job related duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED, Associates Degree in Natural Gas or Commensurate education and experience.
- 2-3+ years of gas compressor maintenance and repair experience
- Repair and maintenance experience with air compressor, cold generators small VRU compressors, and other similar equipment
- Basic computer skills