We have an immediate need for Mechanical Reliability Engineers, both junior to Mid and Senior Level Engineers, for full-time assignment based in Pasadena, TX.
Our Client is a premier producer of bulk fertilizer and instustrial chemicals. With operations located on the Houston Ship Channel, they are the largest producer of bulk synthetic granular ammonium sulfate in North America.
The Mechanical Reliability Engineer position has primary responsibility for providing programs and projects to improve equipment reliability, developing maintenance procedures to reduce maintenance cost, and fostering continuous improvement.
- Develop an appropriate preventive maintenance schedule to reduce premature equipment failures through proper measures, tests, inspections and analyses of equipment condition.
- Work closely with Production managers and engineers and Maintenance department personnel.
- Liaison between Technical Manager and Project engineers in the development, design and installation of capital projects.
- Develop engineering solutions to maintenance problems, including ways of reducing or eliminating the need for maintenance through equipment replacement or improvement work.
- Analyze the effects of preventive maintenance on equipment reliability and maintenance costs for evaluation as a basic for equipment design decisions.
- Provide technical support to maintenance personnel on equipment repairs, troubleshooting problems and equipment reliability issues.
- Assist in evaluation of existing and new equipment design and installation on aspect of safety and environmental issues.
- Participate in and/or lead incident investigations, utilizing root cause failure analysis techniques and risk based assessment skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or chemical engineering.
- Entry Level Canddates 1-5 years experience in the petrochemical, refining or power industry
- Mid-Senioer Level Candidates, 8-12 years experience in the petrochemical, refining or power industry
- A strong background in rotating equipment is preferred. Experience with mechanical integrity programs or process control
- Strong computer and analytical skills.