We are seeking a Wastewater Utility Worker for assignment in Rio Rancho, New Mexico. The selected candidate will perform routine servicing and corrective maintenance of water systems on an assigned shift.
Hours are Monday - Friday, 6:00am - 2:00pm
** This position has a pay rate of $18.43/Hr. **
** This position requires a valid Class A or Class B Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with Tanker Endorsement **
** This position has an on-call schedule **
- Preforms routine serving and corrective maintenance of wastewater collection systems
- Cleans vehicles, heavy equipment, pumps, tools, and other stationary and portable equipment
- Preforms routine inspections of vehicles and equipment; performs minor maintenance and lubrication of machinery such as changing oil and greasing equipment.
- Operates and maintains vehicles, equipment and tools required to load, unload, haul and spread sand, gravel, dirt and / or waste products ( sludge, product waste, packaging waste, etc.)
- Digs and refills ditched and trenches
- Carries or holds materials, supplies and tools to assist operations and maintenance personnel
- Maintains grounds and buildings; cuts grass, weeds and brush; trims trees and bushes; rakes grass, leaves and trash, seeds and cares for lawns and ornamental plantings.
- Ability to carry and respond to pages as requested by management
- Ability and willingness to work on-call shifts, as requested, including being fit and able to respond to call-ins in a timely manner
- Performs other duties as required
- High School Diploma or GED
- A valid Class A or Class B Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with Tanker Endorsement
- Familiarity with hand and power tools