We have an opening for a Mechanical Production Engineer to work in the Pasadena, TX.
Founded in 1949, our Client achieves growth by overcoming changes in the times and business environments through a creative fusion of people and technology. The many materials they create are used by their customers in products essential to rewarding living, and their business have come to span wide-ranging number of fields including Materials Solutions, Healthcare Advancement, and Nutrition Solutions.
Responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the production facility, and related utilities. Provide day-to-day technical support to the Operations Team. Responsible for complying with all AIMS HESQ policies & practices including ISO-9001 and OHSAS-18001. This includes compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements. For example, OSHA, EPA, TCEQ, etc.
- Oversee day-to-day production at desired customer quality and specifications. Assist Operations Leader in overseeing day-to-day production of 2-ethylhexylacrylate (2EHA).
- Ensure operation of plant and related utilities is within all safety, environmental and permit specifications. Support implementation of HES best practices.
- Ensure that assigned processes operate to desired efficiency and reliability. Monitor and track key performance indicators and take actions to maintain or improve them, as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot assigned processes and computer control system (DCS and SIS), as problems arise.
- Assist in developing scope for and implementing new capital projects.
- Develop control schemes, graphics, etc. for DCS and SIS.
- Oversee operator activities to ensure efficient and effective production activities.
- Support and develop cost saving projects.
- Support the Shift Supervisors during daily and upset plant conditions.
- Coordinate analytical needs between Operations and the Laboratory.
- Initiate Management-of-Change (MOC) documents, within scope of responsibility.
- Assist the Production Manager with production accounting activities as-needed.
- Lead Alarm Management program activities, for assigned units.
- Support the Production Manager and perform duties of Production Manager in his/her absence.
- Work closely with the Operations Specialist for all day-to-day operational support and troubleshooting activities.
- Loss control responsibilities include: conducting inspections and audits related to the Loss Control program as assigned, participating in Hazard Reviews as needed, recommending safety improvements, completion of safety action items as assigned, completing required regulatory training, and compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Other assignments derived from the Client operations leadership team to meet the goals and objectives of the organization.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum of five years' experience in engineering in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Able to work independently, self-starter.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Strong multi-tasking ability; able to handle multiple projects and meet commitments.
- DCS programming skills, Factory Talk, Visual Basic, or similar programming language.
- Proven process engineering technical skills in sizing valves, pumps, flow meters, piping, and similar chemical processing equipment.
- Effective written and oral communications skills with Supervisors / Management as well as hourly employees.