We have an opening for a Production Plant Superintendent with a Chemical Manufacturing background to work in the Pasadena, TX area.
Founded in 1949, our Client achieves growth by overcoming changes in the times and business environments through a creative fusion of people and technology. The many materials they create are used by their customers in products essential to rewarding living, and their business have come to span wide-ranging number of fields including Materials Solutions, Healthcare Advancement, and Nutrition Solutions.
The Production Superintendent is responsible for:
- Maintain complete and open lines of communication with otherpersonnel, or departments to facilitate interaction within the organization.
- Keep supervisor informed of status and progress, ensuring that regular and periodic communication takes place.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and keeping abreast of industry trends and related compliance issues within the area ofresponsibilities.
- Maintain professional conduct, attendance, and high ethical standards in the work place, complying company’s policies and procedures.
- Fulfill mandatory training requirements applicable for department and job duties as appropriate.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by supervisor ormanagement.
- 5-10 years experience with Plant/Manufacturing environment
- 5-10 years experience as an Operations Shift Supervisor or Foreman
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, or related field
- Familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Operational Supervision–Oversee daily operation of multiple production lines/shifts through managing/coordinating with“Supervisors”.
- Quality Assurance–Conduct quality check/ control of assignedproduction group.
- Productivity Control–Maintain adequate productivity (including overtime control) and develop and implementimprovement plans.
- Resource planning–Determine/ confirm with Supervisors work planning/task assignment of the assigned productiongroup.
- Facilitating Teamwork – Collaborate, coordinate, and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders/business partners.
- Coaching/Mentoring – Provide support and advice (in operational aspects) to others with less experience
- CSR Compliance – Exhibit leadership & Commitment to Company CSR policies; support and actively participate in ensuring your actions comply with site CSR policies, procedures and identified best practices.