We have an opening for an Rotating Equipment Engineer to work in the Texas City, TX area. This role will be accountable for the reliability of rotating equipment; requiring knowledge of best-in-class practices around operation and maintenance of rotating equipment. You will utilize a solid ability to troubleshoot mechanical rotating equipment by applying root cause failure analysis. Skills include troubleshooting motors, pumps, compressors, and gearboxes utilizing vibration signatures, oil analysis, and motor current signatures.
Our Client operates 36 individual business units across multiple industries including chemical, oil & gas, as well as a number of consumer brands. With a diversified product portfolio, our Client’s products has a wide range of end market applications.
- Troubleshoot screw and centrifugal compressor problems utilizing existing process conditions.
- Oversee and direct the rotating equipment/vibration monitoring program.
- Review rotating equipment recommendations and set priorities for completion of recommendations.
- Ensure complete and accurate rotating equipment repair documentation.
- Participate in all the appropriate project reviews that impact the reliability and rotating equipment integrity of the plant.
- Implement projects to improve mechanical reliability, reduce costs, improve safety and solve environmental issues.
- Provide technical support to project engineering. Have some crossover responsibilities on the stationary equipment reliability.
- Work with vendors concerning equipment issues, technology issues, failure problems, and quotes on equipment used in some projects.
- Demonstrate strong safety leadership in daily work and through:
- Coordination with maintenance supervisors to develop and implement preventive and predictive maintenance programs on existing equipment (fixed equipment, pumps, safety devices, etc.) based on manufacturer’s recommendation or best engineering practices
- Lead or participate as needed in Process Hazard Analysis, Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), or other risk assessments
- Write and support the Management of Change process through PHA and PSSR Evaluations
- Lead/participate in incident investigations to identify root causes and corrective recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- BS in Engineering; Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 8 - 10 years’ work experience in plant maintenance, of this, 5 years focused on rotating equipment troubleshooting, vibration monitoring, etc.
- Extensive experience with screw and centrifugal compressors and pumps
- In-depth knowledge of compressors, steam turbines and gearboxes
- Experience in providing training to rotating equipment mechanics and operators preferred
- Familiarity with vibration signature and oil analysis; pump design fundamentals and sizing; and mechanical details of rotating equipment and seal plans
- Basic knowledge of relevant instrumentation and applications on rotating equipment
- Root-cause analysis and reliability fundamentals
- Familiarity with Bad Actor programs and Criticality analysis
- General understanding of reactors, exchangers, boilers, tanks, etc.
- Experience with SAP, Microsoft Office software, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, etc.