We have an opening for a Safety Instrument Systems (SIS) Specialist to work in the La Porte or Houston, TX area.
Our Client is a turnkey capable, system independent integrator offering complete engineering services. With approximately 900 employees, our Client has successfully and safely executed hundreds of projects world-wide and strives to provide the highest quality services by consistently applying their technical expertise, principle, processes and values to address our client’s differing needs.
Our Client seeks team-oriented professionals who have knowledge in Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), configuration, graphics, logic programming, and safety lifecycle activities of plant control systems.
The Safety Instrumented System Specialist performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Responsible for design, specification, selection and services relating to safety
- Candidate will plan, budget, organize and control an important segment of a typical safety systems project.
- Lead the development of safety lifecycle deliverables e.g., Safety Requirements Specification, SIL Verification Calculations, Safety Lifecycle Plans, GAP Analysis, Validation Procedures, etc.
- Responsible for configuration of SIS/BMS/FGS.
- Serves as project technical advisor for items related to ANSI/ISA-84 or IEC-61511.
- Communicate progress to project manager for inclusion into reports to customers.
- Responsible for quality of the safety system portion of the of the project
- Maximum 20% travel
The Safety Instrumented Systems Specialist requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- BS in Engineering field required. PE in Control Systems preferable
- TUV, CFSE/CFSP or equivalent highly desired
- 5+ years of control system engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience in technical execution on both FEL/FEED and EPC projects in the chemical and petrochemical industry
- Proficient in Safety Instrumented Systems and possess the related functional safety lifecycle management knowledge.
- Familiarity with SIL calculation software e.g., exSILentia, SIL Solver, or equivalent
- Experience configuring one or more SISs e.g., Triconex (preferred), FSC, Safety Manager, DeltaV SIS, ProSafe, HIMA, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software projects