We have an opening for an Instrumentation and Controls Engineer to work in the Midland, TX area.
Our Client is an American energy company operating principally in the U.S. and Canada, that specializes in the drilling and production of unconventional oil and natural gas assets. Our client has a reputation for efficient resource development, environmental stewardship and community involvement, with a drive to meet the growing challenges of the domestic natural gas industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical or controls engineering
- Knowledgeable in design, procurement and installation requirements for E&I equipment
- Expert with Allen-Bradley & Modicon PLCs/Ladder Logic/Studio 5000 Version 30+, RSLinx, FactoryTalk – Familiar with ABB RMC and local packaged equipped controllers interfaces with PLC/ SCADA
- Experienced with Red Lion Crimson 3.0/3.1
- Basic networking/field communications: Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP/IP, Modbus RTU/RS-485/RS-232. Radio and fiber optic communications, managed network switches, subnets, etc.
- Familiar with motor control systems (contactors, smart overloads, soft starts, VFDs) and control methods/communication pathways. Allen-Bradly 750-series VFD/ Schneider ATV series VFD experience a plus
- PID control loop rule-based and model-based tuning methods
- Ability to read and generate P&IDs, Electrical & Instruments drawings and design deliverables (Electrical panels, layouts, Heat trace, Area classification, wiring and termination, loop drawings etc.).
- Familiar with area classification and equipment protection
- Knowledgeable in sizing and selection of E&I equipment (transformer, contactors, wires, panels etc.)
- Pressure/Flow/Level measurement systems
- Excellent communication/leadership skills. Experience coordinating groups of contractors, bid award process, cost control.
- 2+ years’ experience in industrial automation/control systems with a background in upstream oil and gas
- Familiar with ISCRv4 requirements
- NFPA-70E Electrical Safety Trained