We have an opening for a Sr. Plant Engineer to work in the Pasadena, TX area.
Our Client is a global international energy exploration and production company and one of the largest oil producers in the United States. Founded in 1920, our client’s technical expertise and proven ability to deliver lasting results are the hallmark of their international success. While manufacturing the building blocks for life-enhancing products, our client utilizes leading edge technologies that grow their business and simultaneously help to advance a lower-carbon world.
The Sr. Engineer is responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, and working to improve plant processes. In monitoring or troubleshooting the process, the incumbent must collect the necessary data and use statistical techniques, plant procedures,
and knowledge of the process to ensure plant performance is maintained or restored. For improving the process, the incumbent must evaluate assigned projects for their impact on safety, environmental compliance, product quality and production rates, and ensure each project moves forward based on priority.
Areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitoring and troubleshooting operating conditions, production rate, quality and yield.
- Proposing modifications to the process that improve plant performance.
- Ensuring correct design and installation of new equipment.
- Executing special process studies, capital projects, and process safety projects.
- Mentoring less-experienced engineers.
- Must demonstrate the following emotional intelligence skills:
- Emotional Empathy
- Positive Attitude
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Flexibility / Adaptability
- Interpersonal Skills
- 6+ years of experience in a production or engineering role within a chemical processing facility
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering Discipline (preferably Chemical or Mechanical)
- Intermediate technical knowledge of:
- Rockwell Control Logix, Rockwell Factory Talk
- MS Office
- Professional/Technical Capability - Perform specific tasks/ phases of work with moderate difficulty and complexity effectively and efficiently (apply and utilize work experience and expertise).
- Process Efficiency - Work process improvement on day-to-day operations/assignments.
- Facilitating Teamwork - Collaborate, coordinate and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders/business partners.
- Coaching/Mentoring - Provide support and advice (in operational aspects) to others with less experience.
- CSR Compliance - Exhibit Leadership & Commitment to Company CSR Policies; support and actively participate in ensuring your actions comply with site CSR policies, procedures, and identified best practices.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available and moderate noise.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing, walking, grasping, and lifting/moving up to 15 pounds (e.g. in order to shred documents, to maintain a neat and organized work environment, and to lift paper supplies, and large boxes and files).
- Ability to read printed materials and written information on a computer screen is required.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English.