We have an opening for a Construction Planner to work in the Pasadena, TX area.
Founded in 1949, our Client achieves growth by overcoming changes in the times and business environments through a creative fusion of people and technology. The many materials they create are used by their customers in products essential to rewarding living, and their business have come to span wide-ranging number of fields including Materials Solutions, Healthcare Advancement, and Nutrition Solutions.
- Ensure all project-related contractors comply with all applicable site safety policies & procedures as well as regulatory requirements
- Manage / supervise resident contractor performance on project-related activities to ensure design, budget and schedule are maintained.
- Assist with implementation of contractor safety programs
- Work with Project Engineers to provide oversight for resident and 3rd party contractors on project-related activities.
- Coordinate work between resident & 3rd party contractors, Client departments and other organizations (as needed) to ensure project activities are conducted in a safety and efficient manner.
- Troubleshoot construction issues with the appropriate personnel; develop and implement effective & safe solutions.
- Good mechanical aptitude and the ability to learn and understand the principles of how facilities and building systems operate.
- Manage construction-related assets used by the Project Engineering group’s resident contractors to execute project and maintain them in good working order.
- Design, plan, estimate and execute facilities-related projects.
- Complete all facilities-related projects on-time and within budget.
- Track project-related activities for budget and schedule variance and take corrective action as needed.
- Ensure all project documentation is maintained and filed appropriately
- Assist Project Engineers in developing and implementing projects
- Develop cost effective strategies for the execution of capital projects using internal & external resources.
- Interface with Production, Maintenance, Safety, Environmental and all other clients to ensure timely execution of Capital Projects
- Special projects as assigned.
- Maintain complete and open lines of communication with other personnel, functions, or departments to facilitate operations and interaction in the organization.
- Keep supervisor informed of status and progress, ensuring that regular and periodic communication takes place.
- Maintain professional conduct, attendance, and high ethical standards in the workplace, complying with company’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and keeping abreast of industry trends and related compliance issues with the area of responsibilities.
- Fulfill mandatory training requirements applicable for department and job duties as appropriate.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by supervisor or Management.
- Associate's Degree in Construction Management or equivalent; 5 years Chemical Plant
- Technical Knowledge preferred: AutoCAD and Microsoft Project; MS Office; SAP
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English
- Professional/Technical Capability – Generate output/volume of work within the range of standard work volume and quality with minimal supervision, following through the assignments until completion
- Fostering Teamwork – Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other by demonstrating a pleasant positive attitude and supporting team.
- Process Efficiency – Work process improvement on day-to-day operations / assignments
- Policy Compliance – Follow all company and operational policies and procedures
Communication & Interpersonal skills – accurate and timely reporting / communication / consultation to supervisor.
- CSR Compliance – Exhibit leadership & commitment to company CSR policies, support and actively participate in ensuring your actions comply with site CSR policies, procedures and identified best practices.