We are currently seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer for a contract opportunity in Houston, TX.
Our Client provides Project management, engineering, environmental science and architectural services from offices in New Orleans and Houston, having serves their customers in a broad range of projects worldwide since 1945. Their staff of professionals and support personnel blends many years of the experience and expertise with state-of-the-art technology, focusing on scope, schedule and budget to take a project from concept to start-up.
The Mechanical Engineer is primarily responsible for mechanical and project support for our client's various projects, including but not limited to P&ID development, equipment configuration and specification, specifications and sizing, material requisition preparation and the development of engineering construction drawings.
The Mechanical Engineer is also responsible for:
- Preparing Engineering analysis of projects, including preliminary design, calculations, life- cycle costs and equipment selection
- Preparing and interpreting blueprints, schematic drawings and layouts; developing project criteria and specifications to meet client requirements
- Specifying the necessary design requirements of equipment to meet project goals, scheme and budgets; preparing technical specifications and data sheets
- Reviewing proposed changes to engineering standards, policies and/or details
- Coordinating the activities of design and construction teams and other disciplines
- Understanding client’s needs, creating P&ID’s, sizing and specifying oil and gas facility equipment, developing scopes of work, maintain schedules, working with piping designers, and taking responsibility for plans, sections and isometric drawings.
- 5-10 years’ experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- A PE registration is preferred, not required
- Experienced in oil & gas facilities, pipelines and associated piping systems designs.
- Familiar with ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8.
- Experience should include creation of P&IDs, HAZOPs or PHAs, material selection, sizing and specifying mechanical equipment.