We have an opening for a senior level I&E Project Engineer with a background in Instrumentation and Electrical disciplines to work in the Pasadena, TX area.
The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for all technical and engineering aspects of assigned projects, from developing the scope to commissioning and closure. The Senior Project Engineer will work with internal groups at all steps of the process to identify and ensure the proposed solution meets all requirements. The Senior Project Engineer will work with outside resources as necessary to complete the work, and are responsible for the safety, quality and timeliness of the final installation.
- Direct and manage small to large capital projects from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support plant requirements in collaboration with management.
- Develop any and all associated project documents including detailed list of engineering and design specifications for the deliverables of the scope; Inquiry to Bid (ITB) packages for contractors and EPC firms, etc.
- Estimate project cost, submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Keep track of project costs and variance reports.
- Develop timelines and identify resources needed to execute the project on time and on budget.
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones.
- Select equipment, piping, electrical & instrumentation, civil, structural, vendor/contractors through the bid process when applicable.
- Where required, negotiate with vendor/supplier to meet the project budget/process requirement.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and other departments in timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members and personnel.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirement documentation, and presentations
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks, and devise contingency plans.
- Assist in transferring projects to production department by ensuring proper operation of installed equipment and training personnel on new equipment/systems/processes.
- Adhere to all safety policies onsite.
- Make recommendations for process/production and department improvements.
- Participate in project HAZOPs and PHAs.
- Participate in continued learning initiatives.
- Design and installation of non-process projects as required.
- Special projects and assignments as needed to support administration and technical labs.
- Field supervision of contractors and engineering firms.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action
- Mentor department interns and junior engineers when needed.
- 10+ years in Engineering and chemical/refinery operations
- 3+ years experience in Project Management
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Heavy Electrical experience preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Exposure to PSM Process that includes MOC
- AutoCAD, MS Project, Office, and SAP experience preferred
- Professional/Technical Capability – Perform specific tasks/phases of work with moderate difficulty and complexity effectively and efficiently (apply and utilize work experience and expertise).
- Process Efficiency – Work process improvement on day-to-day operations/assignments
- Facilitating Teamwork – Collaborate, coordinate, and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders/business partners.
- Coaching/Mentoring – Provide support and advice (in operational aspects) to others with less experience
- CSR Compliance – Exhibit leadership & Commitment to Company CSR policies; support and actively participate in ensuring your actions comply with site CSR policies, procedures and identified best practices.
Work Environments/Physical Demands:
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available and moderate noise. Work in the plant will frequently be required, involving wet or humid conditions, moving parts, possible noise requiring hearing protection, and toxic or corrosive chemicals requiring the wearing of PPE. Work may require standing, walking, grasping, climbing ladders, and lifting/moving up to 15 pounds. Ability to read printed materials and written information on a computer screen is required.
- Occasional Travel
- Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English
The Bergaila Way:
The Bergaila Companies is a nationally recognized leader in providing staffing services to all sectors of the energy industry. We continually focus on partnering with talented professionals, engineering the perfect fit between our clients and employees. Choosing a career path with Bergaila grants you immediate access to nationally recognized organizations we partner with. Bergaila consistently attracts and retains its Employees with our dedicated internal service team, top tier benefits programs for contractors and their families, and commitment to place you in the desired career of your choice.
Founded in 1949, our Client achieves growth by overcoming changes in the times and business environments through a creative fusion of people and technology. The many materials they create are used by their customers in products essential to rewarding living, and their business have come to span wide-ranging number of fields including Materials Solutions, Healthcare Advancement, and Nutrition Solutions.