We are seeking a Mail Clerk for assignment in Torrance, California. The selected candidate will be responsible for the processing of all mail, packages and interoffice correspondence as well as all mail routing, pick-up and delivery.
Hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Receive, sort, and deliver all incoming mail & packages according to assigned campus floors and within established time frames
- Wrap, seal, weigh, affix postage and dispatch all outgoing mail/packages in accordance with postal regulations
- Prepare special outgoing inter-office pouches sent to client affiliates as scheduled (if applicable)
- Package and process outgoing overnight items, i.e., Federal Express, UPS, etc., to meet client deadlines.
- Deliver incoming overnight packages within established time frames
- Log outgoing and incoming items as required and review for accuracy/completeness
- Verify and log orders upon delivery
- Provide reception work such as answering telephones, taking messages and greeting visitors
- May be requested to perform document scanning
- Prepare outgoing items for shipping
- Due to changing technology in office automation, it may be required to learn new features and functionalities of copying machines and shipping equipment as introduced at the site
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 - 2+ year's experience working in a mailroom
- Basic knowledge of metering, weighing, logging and other shipping procedures