We have an opening for a Compressor Mechanic to work in the Orla, TX area.
Our Client consistently strives to be he most trusted midstream provider in the industry, focusing on reliable operations and best-in-class customer experience. Ready to move forward by becoming the future of midstream and creating sustainable value, they’re revolutionizing how they do business and deliver energy products like clean, reliable natural gas.
- Represents the company in a professional manner at all times while providing outstanding customer service that aligns with client visions and values.
- Responsible for submitting accurate field service reports, expense reports, timesheets and other necessary paperwork daily.
- Responsible for performance of the job activities in a manner consistent with the project goals and objectives.
- Possess knowledge and ability to diagnose engine/compressor failures accurately and efficiently with limited guidance.
- Independently diagnose engine/compressor failures accurately and efficiently.
- All duties and responsibilities could include a large amount of (multi state) travel at short notice including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to complete, accurate, and timely rebuilds/overhauls of compressors, engines and controls on gas compressor packages in the field in adverse conditions without supervision.
- Responsible for accurately competing basic engine tuning functions to adjust engine performance and emissions on multiple major OEM’s. (CAT/Cummins)
- Possess knowledge and ability to respond and repair recurring problems and emergency services as needed independently.
- Ability to independently assist installation of new units including commissioning and start-up inspections without supervision accurately.
- Knowledge and ability to perform mechanical inspection using micrometers, pressure gauges, electronic diagnostic equipment and other specialty tools with little to no guidance.
- Must be able to be on a call-out rotation and effectively make emergency repairs.
- Must recognize and comply with Health, Safety and Environmental rules and policies that are applicable to each location.
- Other Duties assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and some vocational/technical related experience preferred
- Must have 6+ years’ applicable experience
- Experience with 3600 CAT, preferably someone who is very knowledgeable with 3516, 3606, 3608 compressors