We are in immediate need for a Project Scheduler to be based in Freeport, TX. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing integrated project schedules using Primavera P6 to support our project team and portfolio of small, medium and large projects and turnarounds. The candidate will have experience in the Oil & Gas industry, specifically experience working on Engineering, Procurement and Construction projects for an Owner/Operator.
Our client is a leading LNG company headquartered in Houston, TX and places value on being accessible to colleagues at every level of the organization. This includes fostering relationships with their customers, as well as to their community involvement and environmental stewardship.
The Project Scheduler is responsible for the development and maintenance of projects & outage schedules using P6, progress tracking/forecasting, scheduling reports and analysis, monitor and analysis of contractor schedules, providing support and assistance to the client team to maximize visibility of schedule status and progress. Role is based in Quintana TX with the flexibility to travel to HQ Houston, TX.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Monitor and analyze Contractor schedules
- Prepare progress tracking and KPI weekly reports
- Develop project specific critical path milestones
- Develop and maintain owners scope level 2 program schedule
- Prepare the Work Breakdown and Project Coding Structures for control and integrity of work to be performed as defined by the contract
- Develop scheduling procedures, execution plan, and plan progress and tracking for a project
- Participate in weekly project schedule reviews & meetings
- Monitor and track scope and schedule change control
- Ensures the development and completion of job progress milestones through scheduling
- Assist in the Development and approval of contractor baseline schedules
- Provides schedule analysis on critical path and critical activities to complete
- Under general direction, uses specialized knowledge or skills to solve complex and unique problems, or direct the daily activities of a business, technical support, or functional support within project controls
- Ensure that required contract project controls deliverable and guidelines are appropriately implemented and maintained
- Ensures the credibility of the information contained in the project schedule.
- Assists with the preparation of project time and/or cost claims.
- Monitors and updates schedule progress toward achieving the desired project completion date and informing management team of changes to schedule outcome.
- Prepares and provides schedule progress reports, trending charts, and schedule analysis and re-ports forecasts for all significant project activities. Analyzes the effects to the critical path activities; identifies changes to the project that affect the schedule and develops the recovery schedules and alternate courses of action.
- Promotes an atmosphere conducive to the open exchange of new ideas, and alternatives to orthodox approaches.
- Ability to work on multiple projects as once.
- Ability to work in a 'team' and/or 'matrixed' structure, supporting multiple clients.
- Flexibility & the ability to work with shifting priorities; embrace new/evolving responsibilities
- Minimum of 5 years of scheduling experience using Primavera P6 for a major EPC firm with experience on medium & large projects.
- Expert Level using Primavera P6 scheduling software
- Experience with Turnaround Planning and Scheduling
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing schedules using P6
- Proficiency with PC operating systems, with proficiency in several basic software applications. Proficiency with multiple discipline specific software applications (Excel, SAP, Primavera and Microsoft Office Applications, PowerBi for example).
- Knowledge in SAP
- Experience and understanding of Earned Value Management.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and construction management.
- Knowledge in design scheduling, construction scheduling, program scheduling, and cost & resource loading. This includes developing detailed WBS, milestones, activities definition, logical sequences, durations, activity dependencies and interdependencies, and activity contingencies.
- Understanding of schedule models and methods, schedule quality analysis, schedule strategy, schedule integration techniques, Monte Carlo Analysis, schedule performance analysis techniques.
- Will need to have or obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card