We are currently seeking a Sr. Civil/Structural Engineer for an opportunity based in North Houston working with a mid-sized Engineering & Construction firm.
The Sr. Civil/ Structural Engineer is primarily responsible for performing complex structural analysis and Engineering tasks related to new and existing upstream/offshore oil and gas facilities, from conceptual design, to preliminary and detailed designs.
The Sr. Civil/ Structural Engineer is also responsible for:
- Interpreting project requirements, effectively executing assigned work with reference to industry- and project- specific guidelines, standards and codes; interpreting internal and external business challenges with impact on the organization and recommending best practice solutions
- Creating original structural designs, specifications and other similar technical reports and documents referencing Process Industry Practices (PIP) guidelines
- Integrating team efforts, reviewing work, setting priorities, identifying and resolving issues in a timely manner; communicating status to other Engineers
- Adhere to project schedules and deadlines; conducting man- hour estimates and preparing budgets
- Training entry- level Engineers and organizing development plans, graduate program coordination
- Working on multiple moderate- sized projects and/or portions of larger projects on multiple disciplinary teams
- 5-15 years of experience
- BS degree or MS desirable
- Industrial and offshore design and design management required
- Proficiency with SACS is a plus
- Capable of managing projects, directing junior engineers and designers and interfacing with clients
- Work independently and produce a complete design package with a minimum of oversight