We are seeking Civil/Structural Designer with experience running on PDMS for assignment in North Houston, TX. The selected candidate will provide civil/structural design deliverables for upcoming mid and upstream oil and gas facilities projects.
Our Client provides Project management, engineering, environmental science and architectural services from offices in New Orleans and Houston, having serves their customers in a broad range of projects worldwide since 1945. Their staff of professionals and support personnel blends many years of the experience and expertise with state-of-the-art technology, focusing on scope, schedule and budget to take a project from concept to start-up.
- Produces designs and layouts per project specifications and technical requirements
- Prepares construction quantity estimates for concrete foundations, earthwork grading, cut/fill volumes, pavement, structural steel, earthmoving, and related civil/land development
- Exercises independent judgment in selecting and interpreting data based on knowledge of design intent, and selects required information from existing drawings, guidelines, etc.
- Creates assembly drawings, component design, and detail drawings
- Solves complex design and manages coordination requirements, and effectively coordinates work with other disciplines or groups within the company
- Completes design and documentation of a work package
- Work involves planning, organizing and coordinating variety of simple to complex projects
- Makes independent technical decisions on design/details. Uses basic programming skills to enhance CAD production
- Knowledge and understanding of schedule constraints and information requirements
- Conversant with international codes and standards
- Recognizing and communicating design/detailing issues or scope/design changes
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years civil/structural drafting/design experience of industrial type facilities
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling with AutoCAD and PDMS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Understanding of steel fabrication and erection processes, design codes, construction materials, constructions details and techniques
- Understanding and knowledge of plot plan, equipment layout development, foundation and utilities layout, foundation materials, and site grading