We are currently seeking a Civil Project Engineer to oversee early project site construction at a chemical complex, based in Pasadena, TX.
Founded in 1949, our Client achieves growth by overcoming changes in the times and business environments through a creative fusion of people and technology. The many materials they create are used by their customers in products essential to rewarding living, and their business have come to span wide-ranging number of fields including Materials Solutions, Healthcare Advancement, and Nutrition Solutions.
- Field experience required working in a brownfield environment.
- Support of site construction team for the planning and oversight of heavy civil works activities to safely drive work progress and meet schedule.
- Must have previous experience working in a multidiscipline environment with multiple contractors and effectively communicate work scope activities on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work autonomously and as a team, adequately escalate issues in a timely manner and maintain accountability for safety.
- Computer skills mandatory for reporting, drawing review/mark up/distribution and general applications.
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering
- 10+ Years of relevant petro-chemical industrial experience (or equivalent) covering all aspects of design and engineering in the civil/structural discipline
- Experience with the management of personnel, either direct reports and/or contract personnel
- Understanding of common civil designs found within a petrochemical facility.
- Experience with the design and application of Civil/Structural standards
- Experience with the management and/or oversight of construction and installation of civil projects
- Known and respected as an expert in their field by the industry at large
- Strong Communication and stakeholder engagement
- Business acumen and the ability to influence Senior-level Management investment decisions
- Experience working with people in an operating plant.