We are seeking an Offset Press Operator for assignment in Torrance, California. The selected candidate will be responsible for preparing, operating, and maintaining four-color and two-color offset printing presses.
Hours are Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm
** This position has a pay rate fo $26/hr **
** This position requires experience with a Heidelberg Speed Master and Halm Jet Press **
- Produces offset presswork in compliance with job specifications, time requirements, and set ink to receive color match approvals
- Perform all make-ready tasks such as making and hanging plates, check plates/blanket for imperfections, adjusting packing pressure, tension and registration, etc.
- Make necessary color corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work
- Perform maintenance (daily, weekly, monthly) according to the press manual
- Perform quality control every 500 sheets, checking color consistency, dust/ hickey, etc.
- Delivers requested jobs within established timeframes
- Perform additional duties as required
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 - 5+ years' experience as a Pressman operating a Heidelberg Speed Master and Halm Jet Press
- Previous experience with four-color and two-color offset printing presses
- Ability to make adjustments to feeder and feed board (e.g., ability to adjust suctions and Blair, front and side guides and the timing of the head stops)