We have an opening for a Night Production Tech to work in the Carlsbad, NM area.
Our Client is a global international energy exploration and production company and one of the largest oil producers in the United States. Founded in 1920, our client’s technical expertise and proven ability to deliver lasting results are the hallmark of their international success. While manufacturing the building blocks for life-enhancing products, our client utilizes leading edge technologies that grow their business and simultaneously help to advance a lower-carbon world.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for day-to-day well operations
- Identify/work producing well exceptions
- Run time/cycle deviations (zero/very high cycles)
- Shut in and start wells
- Hot watering, chemical treatments, rigless jobs, etc.
- Coordinate well failure activities
- Identify, validate, and react to well failures
- Communicate with PFA on well issues as appropriate
- Execute displacement changes for stroke length (SL) and strokes per minute (SPM) for beam lifted wells
- Operate and coordinate maintenance of Pump Off Controllers (POCs)
- Resolve well and hardware alarms
- Responsible for accurate and timely well tests and downtime
- Validate tests & troubleshoot variances
- Coordinate resolution of problems with Production Field Analysts (PFAs)
- Identify production opportunities via well variances
- Participate in operational planning meetings; provide input during well and pattern reviews; attend integrated solutions meetings; interact with engineers.
- At least High School Grad or GED. Some college or technical training preferred Professional/Technical Qualifications/Licenses/Certifications:
- Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record
- 5+ years of industry experience preferred
- In lieu of industry experience will consider the following fields: Avionics, Heating and Refrigeration, Communications, Automation, radar technology, mechanical, electrical and/or nuclear technologies Skills
- Strong initiative and self-starter
- Multi-task orientation with skills related to work prioritization
- Working knowledge of oil and gas production operations preferred, but will train acceptable candidate.
- Understanding of importance of environmental and safe work practices
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as by self without direct supervision
- Technical skills related to math and analytical processes
- Proficiency in the use of personal computer utilizing a windows environment
- Ability to keep neat and accurate records
- General mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills
- Ability to identify operational inefficiencies
- Understanding of Business fundamentals
- Ability to implement cost effective solutions Job - Operations (Production)