We have an opening for an Automation Tech to work in the Midland, TX area.
Our Client believes they can meet the growing demand for energy in a cleaner, more sustainable way. Their goal is to be part of the solution as society works toward a more reliable and affordable energy source.
The Automation Technician is responsible for performing corrective & preventative maintenance on I&E systems as analytical equipment, control elements, SCADA systems, advanced hardware (computers, telemetry & etc.), logic networks and other related equipment associated typically in the processing, fractionation, storage and transportation of natural gas liquids.
- Attend safety meetings and work safely
- Diagnose routine and non-routine equipment malfunction by observing operation, listening, and using diagnostic equipment to locate causes of trouble
- Install and maintain process control and data gathering systems
- Install, maintain, and program GE plc, Allen Bradley plc, and Wonder ware HMI systems
- Read and prepare piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&I.D.).
- Recognize danger signals from equipment indicating a need for emergency procedures, which include the shutdown of equipment
- Review and organize material inventory by examining stock to verify conformance to specification; count and sort incoming articles, compile reports on inventory and recommend to supervision ordering of replacement and additions
- Train co-workers in safe and proper job procedures
- Troubleshoot, calibrate, repair, tune, configure and install electronic I/P converters, positioners, transmitters etc.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and install compressor panel boards
- Knowledge of PSM and mechanical drawings, maintenance records, maintenance procedures, equipment drawings, and maintenance manuals
- Participate in PHA and PSSR events
- Knowledge of all safety aspects of electrical troubleshooting and maintenance, including compliance with OSHA 1910
- Regular and reliable attendance is required
- Minimum Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and/or training
- Maintain a valid driver’s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company
- Minimum of 6-10 years of work related oilfield experience
- Specific experiencein in the installation and maintenance of automation communication network infrastructure, as well as PI and HMI integration, preferred
- Must have a mechanical aptitude
- Has a solid understanding of utilizing horsepower and compression
- Able to troubleshoot equipment failures