We put the unity in "opportunity"
We are in immediate need for Civil Utility Engineers, with a strong background in pipeline construction and operations. You will be based in Houston, TX
The main objective for the Encroachment Engineer is to provide support for the safe operation of Company’s pipeline facilities through engineering evaluation (design review, stress calculations, etc.) and communication with Client stakeholders and the 3rd Parties that present encroachments to the Company’s assets.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and evaluate project plans of proposed development, roadway, railroad, dredging and construction activities in proximity of Company pipeline rights-of-way and its impact to pipeline facilities. Determine the constructability of the proposed plans and the impact that the construction will have on the Company’s pipeline. For example, evaluate how the Company pipeline will be supported and protected while 3rd Party construction is in progress.
- Ensure proposed development and construction are being designed and constructed in accordance with the Company's Encroachment Evaluation Specifications and Regulatory Agency requirements.
- Perform pipeline stress analysis associated with the encroachment including heavy equipment crossings, roadway and railroad crossings over existing pipeline and provide pipeline protection and/or mitigation recommendations where applicable.
- Provide written recommendations, design modification guidance and stipulations to Encroachment Agreement or Letter of No Objection issued to encroaching entity by Company Land Department.
- Review of proposed seismic survey operations, blasting operations and construction induced vibrations activities near or within Company pipeline rights-of-way for compliance to Company and industry standards.
- Internal coordination with various department within Company–mainly Land, Operations, Field Engineering Projects, Asset Integrity, and EHS&T.
- Interface with private and governmental agencies, third party owners, developers, contractors & engineers and potential partners to define project parameters and proposal scenarios.
- Attend industry, federal, state, city & county, and developers meetings as required to coordinate work and provide information, as required. Attendance usually performed by online participation.
- BS in engineering – Civil or Mechanical engineering
- 5+ years’experience in oil & gas industry related to pipeline construction, development and planning and/or utility coordination. Specific experience working with roadway construction, such as DOT plans is a plus.
- Excellent writing and communication skills that concisely communicate technical information–scope of 3rd Party and engineering recommendations.
- Must effectively communicate with internal and external stake holders.
- Ability to comprehendand mark-up construction drawings, especially roadway, railroad, and housing development plans with regards to depicting clearances and identification of pipelines.
The Bergaila Way:
The Bergaila Companies is a nationally recognized leader in providing staffing services to all sectors of the energy industry. We continually focus on partnering with talented professionals, engineering the perfect fit between our clients and employees. Choosing a career path with Bergaila grants you immediate access to nationally recognized organizations we partner with. Bergaila consistently attracts and retains its Employees with our dedicated internal service team, top tier benefits programs for contractors and their families, and commitment to place you in the desired career of your choice.
Our client is one of North America's largest Midstream Oil & gas companies. A publicly traded company they are a leading provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, natural gas liquids (NGL's), crude oil, and refined products/petrochemicals.