We put the "unity" in "opportunity".
Bergaila is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to work in the Baton Rouge, LA area.
- Reviewing and approving all electrical deliverables.
- Validating professional service and construction estimates at the beginning of a project, and then tracking changes as the project progresses.
- Producing professional service estimates in accordance with the department standards for project deliverables, project studies and estimates, change notices and for the development of new work through proposal efforts.
- Establishing the design criteria, incorporating client requirements, estimate and/or scope basis and design basis meeting applicable state, local and federal standards and codes. Ensuring that any requirements for permitting have been established and communicated to the project team.
- Knowing your scope and deliverables. Initiating timely change notices when deviation is made from your scope, affecting schedule, deliverables or cost of the work.
- Planning and organizing the work of your team. Communicating the plan to your team, the project leadership team and the client.
- Maintaining control of the project by tracking and maintaining discipline performance budget progress, schedule commitments, and quality standards. Understanding and utilizing the project tools that are in place for project control.
- Delegating work to engineers and designers in proportion to their technical skills and experience, then following up for support to ensure efficient progress and quality.
- Consulting with design leaders from other disciplines in proportion to their technical skills and experience, then following up for support to ensure efficient progress and quality.
Producing estimate level preliminary designs and material take-off suitable for the level of estimate being performed on a project.
- Developing conceptual layouts and cost studies as necessary to determine the simplest, most efficient approach to solving engineering tasks at hand.
- Familiarity with and utilizing department design and drafting standards.
- Producing detail design calculations and sketches for materials of construction associated with the project. Calculations produced will be neatly prepared and organized for efficient checking by others and efficient use by drafters/designers for preparing drawings and as a deliverable when required.
- Producing project designs with efficient use of construction materials with an overall emphasis on ease of construction and completed product meeting the expectations of the client.
- Checking calculations made by other engineers to ensure accuracy, conformance to codes, specifications, design criteria and conformance to good engineering practice.
- Producing construction specifications.
- Monitoring drawings in progress to ensure conformance to design calculations and specifications.
- Assisting the drafting group in resolving routine layout and detailing problems. Ensuring that sufficient sketches and details are provided for completion of engineering drawings.
- Reviewing and checking vendor drawings and other discipline drawings for electrical/instrumentation input.
- Producing bid packages enabling electrical/instrumentation purchase inquiries to be issued for procurement of materials or subcontract pricing.
- Participating in the planning of training programs, continuous education opportunities and professional development of staff.
- Ability to identify and develop work sharing packages for interoffice execution support. Provide leadership to ensure communication and execution of work within scope, schedule and budget.
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university is required.
- Professional Engineering registration is highly preferred.
- This position requires 15 or more years of relevant industrial experience in electrical and instrumentation engineering.
- Knowledge and application of the current version of the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Ability to perform lighting level calculations, size wire, conduit and overcurrent protection for both lighting and power applications.
- Ability to perform voltage drop calculations; and to route conduit and cable tray.
- Ability to determine motor control center loading.
- Familiarity with specifications and installation details of construction bulk materials and equipment.
- Ability to create accurate electrical installation documents from the information found on vendor equipment drawings.
- Ability to determine load center unit substation loading.
- Ability to develop equipment specifications for equipment such as motor control centers, variable frequency drivers, induction and synchronous motors, load center unit substations, etc.
- Ability to produce a 15kV power system single line diagram.
- Familiarity with 15kV power system equipment and installation techniques both above and below ground.
- Ability to develop equipment specifications for 15kV/5kV equipment such as switchgear, load break switches, motor control centers, etc., and capable of performing calculations for required short circuit and overcurrent protective device ratings.
- Ability to develop electrical installation specifications.
- Ability to develop a construction cost estimate, a detailed engineering schedule and a man-hour budget for a small project or an area for a larger project.
- Ability to determine construction material quantities.
- Develop design criteria and scope of work.
- Experienced in estimating and scheduling professional service hours and assessing the progress and quality of electrical/instrumentation work.
- Complete understanding of the skills and experience required to perform engineering and design functions.
- Knowledge and application of company engineering design and CAD drafting standards; working knowledge of CAD software, either AutoCAD, Microstation or both.
- Programming experience with Programmable Logic controller (PLC), Human Machine Interface (HMI), and/or Distributed Control System (DCS) equipment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time.
The Bergaila Way:
The Bergaila Companies is a nationally recognized leader in providing staffing services to all sectors of the energy industry. We continually focus on partnering with talented professionals, engineering the perfect fit between our clients and employees. Choosing a career path with Bergaila grants you immediate access to nationally recognized organizations we partner with. Bergaila consistently attracts and retains its Employees with our dedicated internal service team, top tier benefits programs for contractors and their families, and commitment to place you in the desired career of your choice.
Our Client prides itself in providing unparalleled, comprehensive support to their customers, and exceeding expectations during every phase of their projects. Their experienced team creates solutions of all shapes and sizes for industries of all shapes and sizes, by combining all the capability of a global EPC and controls and automation company, with the responsiveness of a small, local firm.